Ventura Slab Leak Repairs
A slab leak is a home maintenance issue that is hard to spot. However, it can have drastic effects on your home. Don’t ignore the signs of a slab leak. Contact us for slab leak detection in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties today!
Slab Leak Repairs in Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties
When you have a leaky pipe, it is usually easy to find and repair. A leak under your concrete foundation is a different story. Known as a slab leak, it can cause many different issues, including major damage to your home. Slab leaks are most common in older homes with corroded pipes and plumbing that have been damaged by shifting foundations. However, any house can experience this issue.
A slab leak often goes unnoticed until the foundation begins to buckle. Homeowners must then deal with not only an uncontrolled water leak but the damage that may compromise the integrity of their entire house. The damage may already be extensive by the time you notice it. Therefore, if you suspect the remote possibility of a slab leak on your property, contact Rooter Solutions right away for leak detection in Ventura County or Santa Barbara.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks often originate in pipes hidden from sight under the foundation your home sits on. This makes them hard to detect, but there are signs to look for that indicate that you have a leak. The most common indications to suspect slab leak repairs may be needed include:
- High water bill– You haven’t used more water and the utility company hasn’t raised your rates, yet your water bill has gone way up. The reason is probably a leak. However, there are many possible causes of increased water usage, so call a technician right away.
- Falling water pressure – If there’s a sudden drop in water pressure, a leak is likely. There may also be a blockage in your plumbing or an issue with the sewer line.
- Running water sounds – It sounds like water is running but there are no faucets or water-using appliances on. It may be a slab leak.
- Cracks in the foundation– If you can see cracks in the slab, the water leaking from your pipes may have already damaged the foundation.
- Wet floor or carpet– Water may pool on the floors close to the slab, or you may notice dampness underneath carpets; mold is another sign of a problem.
- Water around the home– A slab leak can cause water to collect around the outside of your home, so call a professional for leak detection in Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura, or Santa Barbara
- Hot spots – Warm areas on the floor indicate a hot water pipe is leaking; walking barefoot makes it easier to detect where the problem area is.
If any of these problems develop, you should call Rooter Solutions Santa Barbara immediately.
Causes of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks can happen for various reasons. One is pressure on underground pipes, which can be caused by expansion and shrinking of soil and other materials due to moisture and temperature changes. Earthquakes can damage pipe and slab foundations as well. Pipe corrosion can eventually cause holes that allow water to leak. Damage can occur as pipes vibrate from water flowing through them; persistent contact with nearby surfaces can form holes.
Award-Winning Service With 30 Years of Combined Experience
Emergency Services Available & Fully Equipped for Large Jobs
Specials Available & No Interest Financing Up to 24 Months
Slab leaks aren’t all alike, and the nature of the repair depends on the age of the pipes, the location of the leak, and other factors. When we provide pinpoint leak detection in Ventura or Santa Barbara, our technicians can take several approaches. Repair options include fixing the damaged pipe, sealing the leak with an epoxy lining, or repiping your home plumbing system.
Our team of technicians will visit your home and conduct a thorough inspection to pinpoint the problem. Then we’ll figure out a plan to fix the leak. We can’t get started until you reach out to us, though. Homeowners in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties can contact us by phone at (805) 329-3345 for a free consultation.
“They stood by their promise of a free estimate, and they were very responsive with all the work they performed.”